Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Health Care Bill Will Be Voted on Today, Sunday: Whose Prayers Will Be Answered?



It's Sunday - Where Is Your Health Care?
By John Cory, Reader Supported News
   21 March 2010
Reader Supported News | Perspective

t is Sunday morning. There is supposed to be a vote on health care reform today. I assume that Glenn Beck is ensconced in church and praying madly for failure.

        I was not aware that it was Lent until Glenn Beck said that scheduling a vote during Lent and on the Sabbath was an "affront to God." Unlike Republicans in 2005 when they voted on Palm Sunday in the Terri Schiavo matter?

        I am not big on churches.

        But as it is Lent - maybe the Catholic Bishops could give up two things:

        1) Molesting children and covering for those who do.

        2) Telling women what to do with their bodies.

        Just a thought. Like I said, I'm not big on churches.

        I see the Malimpabeck trio figured they could take down an 11-year-old kid - but failed. Here's the story from Les Blumenthal at McClatchy. Marcelas Owens knows how to deal with bullies: "My mother always taught me they can have their own opinion but that doesn't mean they are right."

        That kid should run for office.

        I don't know what is going to happen today. Everyone tells me HCR will pass by a narrow margin. Maybe.

        How the Hell did we get to the point of comforting ourselves with the mantra "It's better than nothing."

        I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and watch and wait.

        Maybe the Rapture will begin and free up some parking spaces.

        Speaking of the Rapture: Sean Hannity is being accused of scamming real Americans. He's being accused by a conservative right-wing blogger, Debbie Schlussel.

        Maybe there is a God.

No comments: