Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WHEN I HEARD OF THE MASSACRE OF SCHOOL CHILDREN IN NEWTOWN, I WAS SO GRIPPED WITH SADNESS THAT I COULDN'T EVEN WATCH THE TV COVERAGE. NOR COULD I MANAGE TO DEVELOP THE KIND OF RIGHTOUS ANGER THAT I OTHERWISE MIGHT HAVE POSTED TO MY BLOG. HOWEVER IT TURNS OUT THAT MICHAEL MOORE HAD DONE THAT FOR ME:



"Americans Kill People": Michael Moore on Newtown, Mass Shootings, and the U.S. Culture of Violence

 
We air an excerpt of an address by the legendary filmmaker Michael Moore delivered just hours after the Newtown massacre. Moore won an Academy Award for his 2002 documentary, "Bowling for Columbine," about gun violence in the United States. He discussed the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre at a New York City event on Friday night. Video courtesy of filmmaker Lorna Tucker. [Original includes rush transcript] 

No comments: